Growing up without much money, my mom used these 15 ways to put vinegar to work! And now I do all these same things.
2. Remove Grease From Stove and Fridge – Simply wipe grease with damp cloth and vinegar
4. Dishwasher – To remove buildup in dishwasher, fill base of dishwasher with vinegar. Start normal wash cycle. After 10 minutes, pause cycle. Let set over night and resume cycle.
5. Extend The Life Of Fresh Flowers – Combine 2 TBS of apple cider vinegar with 3 TBS of sugar and a quart of warm water to keep fresh cut flowers fresh longer.
6. Rice – To make your rice extra fluffy, add 1 tsp vinegar to the boiling water.
7. Meat Tenderizer – Combine 1/2 cup vinegar with 1 cup liquid bouillon and pour over meat to tenderize.
8. Clean Sticky Scissors – Wipe down the blades with a cloth soaked in full strength vinegar. (This one is huge for us because my girls love to cut paper they just covered in glue! So our scissors are always getting sticky!)
9. Clean Chrome And Stainless Steel Fixtures – Lightly mist fixtures with white vinegar and wipe clean
10. Remove Urine Smell – After soaking up the accident, pour enough vinegar to saturate area and let completely evaporate. Follow up by sprinkling baking soda, letting it set overnight and then vacuuming up excess. (This works even on a mattress! Check out these tips to make changing the bed even easier when accidents happen!).
11. Make Your Microwave Sparkle – Place a glass bowl filled with a solution of 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 cup water. Microwave for 5 minutes on high. Let the water cool, then dip a cloth into the liquid and use it to wipe away stains and splatters.
12. Clean Shower Doors – Wipe glass shower doors down with a cloth dipped in a solution of 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 cup ammonia, and 1/4 cup baking soda mixed in 1 gallon of warm water.
13. Clean Your Iron Plate – Remove those nasty scorch marks from the plate of your iron! Heat equal parts vinegar and salt in a small pan. Scrub the plate with a rag dipped in the paste. Wipe clean with a clean wet rag.
14. In The Bathtub – Wipe down your bathtub with vinegar and baking soda mixture to remove soap scum and film buildup. Rinse with fresh water.
15. Remove The Smell Of Onions On Your Hands – Rub hands with full strength vinegar to get rid of that yucky smell!
Now honestly I could come up with 80 more ways to use vinegar in your home! It really does have a ton of uses…all at such a low price tag!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: