With school back in session and everyone running on too little time, I make sure I follow this “5 Things To Do Every Morning” checklist. And it makes my morning so much smoother and less rushed!
August/September means the start of a new school year for many of us busy moms. I hate the feeling of being rushed or that nagging sense that I’m forgetting to do something so I a few weeks ago, I jotted down this list of “5 Things To Do Every Morning” and have made an effort to follow it every single day!
I cannot tell you what a positive difference this had made for my girls and me. We don’t feel so rushed, we haven’t been late for school, and everyone has a smile on their face when I drop them off. Win Win!
5 THINGS TO DO EVERY MORNING
1. Wake up at least 30 minutes before your kids do! Personally, I like to get up at least an hour before my girls wake because it’s the calmest part of my day. Just me and a cup of coffee. I can think, pay bills, and get myself ready. All before anyone asks me for anything.
2. Have an easy grab-n-go breakfast ready – Think granola bars, protein bars, or my family’s favorite – this delicious granola layered with frozen fruit and vanilla greek yogurt.
3. Make your child’s outfits be easily accessible – I use one of these inexpensive closet organizers in my girls’ rooms. 5 of the slots are filled with outfits for the school week…this includes top, shorts/pants, underwear, AND socks. They know when they wake up, to grab any one of the outfits in their closet organizer before they even come downstairs.
4. Say a prayer with your children – Pray for them to enjoy the day and learn something new. Pray for patience in all the day will bring. Pray that they remember how God wants us to treat others. Pray for their safety and for your own. I find the easiest time for me to pray with my girls is on the way to school – it takes just a couple minutes but I believe it really sets the tone for the day.
5. Have lunches packed and ready to go – I actually do most of the prep work on Sunday afternoon – I pack and freeze all of my girls’ sandwiches, make baggies of chips/crackers and cut up fruit for the week. So on a school morning, all that needs to be done is grab the supplies and throw a drink into their lunch box!
I really hope this list of 5 things to do every morning is helpful. It’s simple and straightforward but makes a huge impact on your day!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: