The things you do for your second child are very different from the first! Read on to find out about baby safety the 2nd time around!
The other day, my sister was visiting and she was fussing at me for not having baby locks on all of my cabinets, as her 1 year old was tearing items out of them left and right!
I just chuckled – because, you see, this is her first child. And with my first child, I almost drove myself crazy trying to buy every single crazy baby safety gadget they came out with. I convinced myself that if EVERY SINGLE DOOR in our house didn’t have the finger pinch guard, my child would most definitely break her finger.
But alas, as is true with most things, you learn on your first…in this case your first child.
Once we had our 2nd baby girl, I had relaxed a great deal. I knew that some safety products on the market were neat but not really necessary. And maybe even more importantly, I knew there were some products I would never be without! One of those top items is my fabulous Levana baby monitor. They certainly know moms well and their commitment to baby safety is the company’s #1 priority.
So here are all the products I recommend for baby safety – the 2nd time around!
1. Car Seat that Meets and Exceeds All Safety Regulations – We loved our Britax car seat and there are many others out there that provide a safe place for your child in the car. Never buy one used (because you can’t be sure they weren’t involved in an accident). And I found that by buying a quality seat, you can use it for more than one child. Definitely look for a 5 point harness and adjustable straps to make sure the seat can grow with your baby.
2. Wireless Video Baby Monitor – This is one item I just cannot live without! We actually tried several different monitors but finally hit the jackpot when we bought the Keera, Levana’s 3.5″ touch panel Pan/Tilt/Zoom video baby monitor! It is seriously the best baby monitor out there. To see in detail all of it’s cool safety and user-friendly features, go to the Keera Product Page.
Levana created the first wireless handheld baby monitor back in 2002 and have been pioneers in the high-tech monitor field ever since. Their commitment to baby safety means that all of their monitors are digital and wireless, giving me the peace of mind I need to do more around the house (cleaning, cooking, etc) while I know my baby is safe and sound. Check out all their great products on Levana’s homepage.
The features of the Keera are exactly what a Mom would look for in a baby monitor! The other night, while in bed of course, I realized I hadn’t placed the camera in the right angle to see my toddler. But no worries, because the Keera allows you to zoom and adjust the camera, both horizontally and vertically. That feature alone let me stay in bed and doze off peacefully because I could adjust the camera from there!
I also love the touchscreen icons and the fact that I can remotely access a feature that lets the monitor play 3 lullabies to my sweet girl if she is having trouble going to sleep at nap time.
My husband likes the super long battery life and that I can turn the monitor on mute if we are watching tv! Because of the awesome Smart LED Indicator Ring, I can tell simply by the color of the monitor if my sweetie is talking or crying or just playing quietly in her bed. Isn’t that so cool?!
I love that I have been able to capture some very sweet and funny memories using the Keera baby monitor. You see, it lets you take videos or snap pictures using the 2GB SD card. I then just transfer those over to my computer and come up with great ways to use those images!
And my girls are happy the Levana Keera 2 Camera Video Monitor has a 2-way communication feature. They know if I can’t come right away, I can reassure them with my voice until I can! This means I can finish a few more things around the house while I know my girls are safe and sound playing in their rooms.
Because the Keera Camera Video Monitor is expandable up to 4 cameras, we also include one in our playroom! Just another way to keep a watchful eye on your kiddos. The Keera also has
ClearVu® technology and a private, secure and interference-free digital signal that no one but you can access. So I feel safe putting the monitors throughout our house.
Very exciting too is that Levana is offering special pricing on the Keera baby monitor to my readers! Just go here and check out the fabulous deal they are offering!
And, just for being one of my fabulous readers and clicking on this link, you can enter to win one of 3 Keera Baby Monitors! Definitely enter today!
To stay up to date on all of Levana’s products that allow moms to “Do More” knowing their child is safe, like their Facebook page!
3. Cabinet Locks on STRATEGIC cabinets! With my first daughter, we literally had a cabinet lock on every single cabinet in our house. My parents hated coming to visit! But with my second, I learned, it’s okay if she digs through our kitchen tupperware or pulls out diapers from the drawer. But we didn’t mess around with cleaners, chemicals, medicines or anything that could be toxic in any shape or form. So we use simple spring-latch cabinet locks on our medicine cabinet, our cleaning products and two other cabinets in our house. You would be surprised that when you allow your child in a cabinet, it becomes a LOT less appealing.
4. Furniture Straps – This is no joke. Children die every year as a result of furniture falling on them. And in a recent statistic, over 23,000 children were injured from toppling furniture. When I heard this, I made my husband go to Lowe’s that day and buy everything we would need to bolt our furniture to the wall. We mounted tall and heavy items, as well as smaller ones like nightstands and dressers that could be used for climbing. Is it a hassle? Yes. Is it a pain when you need to get behind that furniture? Yes. Is it worth it to know my child won’t be crushed by our furniture? Absolutely.
6. Wall Mounted Stair Gate – If you have more than one story in your house, this is a must. Pressure mounted stair gates can be pushed, allowing a child to tumble down the stairs WITH the gate. In addition, until a child is really adept at going up and down the stairs, it is best to keep them off of them completely.
7. Pack N Play – Nothing says baby safety like placing your child in a soft, safe pack-n-play. Plus it is portable so anytime you go to a place that isn’t baby-proofed, you can bring it along!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Levana. The opinions and text are all mine.