I made these Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups for dinner tonight and everyone gobbled them up…that includes my 3 and 6 year old who can sometimes be picky eaters! I added a few mixed vegetables and we were good to go!
When working on my meal plans this week, I knew one night we would be having a rotisserie chicken (with sweet potatoes and edamame). But my family of 4 cannot eat all of that chicken in one meal, so I planned for another night that would allow me to use the rest of the chicken.
Thus these cheesy chicken roll ups came to be.
The ingredient list is minimal…and so is the prep! I threw it together one evening after my older daughter’s Open House at school! It took me 10 minutes to mix everything together and 30 minutes to bake it!
I saw a few similar recipes on the internet but I added a little sour cream into mine which made it extra creamy and kept me from using as much cheese. You could also add in some onion powder to taste if your family likes that!
Definitely resist the urge to pull them out of the oven before the tops are browned because you will end up with very mushy bread. And even non-picky eaters won’t eat that! Ha!
Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 1 container of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients (minus the crescent rolls) together.
- Spread 1/3 cup of mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Roll out crescent rolls. On large end of triangle, put a heaping spoonful of chicken mixture and roll up. Lay in pan, taking care to not let the crescent rolls touch each other.
- Spoon any remaining chicken mixture over and in between crescent rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: