I made this delicious kid friendly crockpot chicken pot pie for Sunday dinner and my family could not get enough! It is packed full of vegetables and creamy chicken layered on a crescent roll bottom…eat up!
My family was coming up yesterday and I wanted an easy, relaxed meal I could set and forget. But I also wanted one my whole family would eat…even with my two girls who can sometimes be picky eaters!
I knew I had the basics for this kid friendly crockpot chicken pot pie so I started throwing stuff in! That’s my favorite thing about the crockpot – you can literally throw things in and it all comes out so good!
I’ve had a few different crockpots and many have extra bells and whistles. But for practicality and cost, I love this programmable one.
And if you really want an easy clean up, use these crock pot liners so you can just throw it away when the meal is done!
Now, to be fair, the crockpot part of this recipe is the filling for the chicken pot pie. Which I think we can all agree is the most time consuming part of chicken pot pie anyway! If you don’t want to use the oven at all, you could use rolls or buy cooked biscuits to serve it with. Around here, we have the most amazing biscuits from Bojangles so that would be a winner for sure!
My special “trick” for getting my kids to love this meal was to finely dice any vegetable that I thought might fall victim to their “inspection” Ha! I love my Tupperware Power Chef System because it does a fabulous job dicing my celery into unrecognizable pieces!
If your pot pie mixture seems to be too much for your casserole, just don’t scoop it all into the pan. I left a little extra out and ate it plain!
This recipe is definitely a keeper as school gears up and fall rolls in!
- 2 - 3 boneless chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bag of mixed vegetables (I used peas, carrots and corn)
- 3 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 container refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken breasts on top
- Add in celery, mixed vegetables, soup, water, milk and seasonings.
- Cook on high 6-8 hours (less if using fresh chicken).
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- Add in sour cream.
- Spray a 9x12 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Lay out the crescent rolls in bottom of pan.
- Spoon chicken pot pie mixture over crescent rolls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- If you have more pot pie filling than needed in your casserole dish, save the remainder and eat alone or with biscuits!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: