As I was vacuuming the other day and my 6 year old came to my crying that she had jumped off the couch and hurt her arm, I thought of these 15 things I did in 10 minutes BEFORE Kids! Now they all either take WAY longer or don’t happen at all!
Can you even remember what it was like pre-kids…when you could go to the bathroom by yourself, get a shower without being examined by the peanut gallery, or just zone out? Do you recall how you could run in and out of the grocery store for bread in like 5 minutes…without crying children, carrying 2 bags of goldfish (2 different flavors because of course the cheddar was SO GROSS according to your child) and 3 types of gum.
Life was simpler, wasn’t it? And more than likely you did not even appreciate it! And if you have read any of my posts, you can tell that I’m not eager for these little everyday hassles and hurdles be gone from my life…not at all!
But as a mom, you do have to chuckle at these 15 things Moms SHOULD be able to do in 10 minutes…but CAN’T anymore!
- Go to the bathroom
- Eat a meal SITTING DOWN
- Set up a doctor’s appointment
- Call a friend…my husband…my mom…my sister
- Vacuum the house/Clean the toilets/Dust/ANY cleaning chore
- Enjoy a cup of coffee
- Run in and out of the grocery store
- Check my email
- Pay bills
- Read the newspaper or my favorite magazine
- Take a shower
- Have a meaningful conversation with my hubby (kids seem to KNOW when the conversation is deep)
- Actually blow dry my hair and style it…my current style the past 5 years has been the ever trendy ponytail
- Write this blog post!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Adreanna @ LifeInOurNomad.com says
Haha this is my life… Thanks for the laugh!
Ashley Tukiainen says
haha, oh the things to look forward to!
So true so true!!!