As Moms, we know to always keep a well-stocked First Aid Kit…but here are 6 everyday items to add to your First Aid Kit! They may not be your standard First Aid items but trust me when I say you need them!
Since having children, you rarely will find me without a well-stocked First Aid kit, either on me or in my car. Having kids increases your chances for Boo Boos…it’s a scientific fact. Ha!
Well, recently my daughter fell at a local park and while I was digging through our kit, I realized I was missing some really important items! These aren’t “medical” or “first-aid” items per se, but they are invaluable nonetheless.
Be sure and add these simple, inexpensive items to your kits today!
1. Bottled Water – Just as I mentioned in my 15 Items To Pack in Your Beach Bag, clean bottled water is an all-purpose go-to. It can clean sand and dirt out of a wound. It is also great for washing away blood to better assess a wound.
2. Clean Towel – This can be used to apply pressure to a wound and also provides a clean, dry place to lay out your supplies and work on any wounds.
3. Index Card with Family’s Insurance, Medical and Allergy Information – When there is an emergency, the last thing you need to be doing is fumbling for your Group and Policy # or digging for your primary care doctor’s number.
4. Tweezers – Buy the medical grade tip and these can be used for removing splinters, ticks, bee stingers and so much more!
5. Stickers/Bubbles – Or crayons, markers…anything that can be used as a distraction tool for a crying child. As moms, we all know how many times a horrible, awful, painful boo boo can be healed with a kiss, a smile and a sticker.
6. Ziploc Bags & Gloves – These are just two of those things that I feel should go everywhere with you! Keep a few different sizes of Ziploc bags- use them for: dirtied or cut clothing; a bag to create an ice pack; or heaven forbid, a place to keep a disconnected digit! You will never regret keeping Ziploc bags in your kit! And with gloves you don’t have to worry about contaminating a wound.
The even better thing is you likely have all of these items around your house right now! So round them up and add these 6 everyday items to add to your First Aid Kit today!
You May Also Like:
Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M says
This is such a great resource.
I wrote a similar article about things to keep in your car’s first aid kit.
Zip locks are genius.
Oh my goodness I just love Ziploc baggies!!! Glad you feel the same!
Sumit Jaiswal says
Thanxx For sharing this Information.This is such a great resource.