So I’ve realized lately that any dessert I make is a true winner in my family if it has any combination of chocolate and peanut butter. And based on the parties and luncheons I’ve taken these Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Brownies to, I would say that most people agree with my family.
You just cannot go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter. Some days I think my husband thinks Heaven is filled with Reese’s Cups…which I guess isn’t really a bad thing!
And who among us hasn’t found ourselves needing to bring something homemade to school or work and wondering what we can do that won’t take forever but tastes like it did.
Well here’s your answer.
Because I always buy a large box of brownie mixes to keep at my house, this recipe has become my go-to. I never have to run out to the store because I have all of the ingredients on hand…let’s not judge ok?
And I’m a brownie snob…once I tried the Ghiradelli mixes, I just could not buy any other brand.
You certainly don’t have to be a pastry chef to win at Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse brownies…though people might think you are.
You start by mixing and baking the brownie according to the directions on the package. Just make sure you make it in a 9×13 glass pan. I love the Pyrex glass pans because they last forever and are super easy to clean…and don’t forget to line it with Wilton Parchment Paper! And not that I have EVER done this (okay, yes I have), but please don’t use wax paper instead of parchment paper…your whole house will smelled like burned paper for days!
Be sure to take the brownies out once they are set but don’t over cook them…they will continue “cooking” in the pan for about 15 minutes simply from the heat.
Once you have the brownies baked, make sure you are ready to drop the peanut butter filling by large spoonfuls onto the warm brownies. It really helps in letting you smooth the filling out over the top.
Then pour your chocolate topping on and let them set up in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I love saving time by melting my chocolate in the microwave. These Tupperware Micro Pitchers are perfect for the job!
Lift the brownies out gently with the parchment paper and cut into squares. Small ones so you can eat like 4 and it won’t seem so bad!
- 1 box brownie mix, with ingredients listed on package
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1Tbsp Crisco shortening
- Prepare brownies according to package directions and pour into a 9x13 glass pan. Be sure to line your baking dish with parchment paper.
- While brownies are baking, make peanut butter filling. In a large mixing bowl, combined melted butter, crunchy peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat until mixed thoroughly.
- Once brownies are done, drop peanut butter filling by spoonfuls onto top of warm brownies. Spread evenly with a case knife or spatula.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and Crisco. Heat for 1-2 minutes at 50% power. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Pour over peanut butter layer and spread until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate brownies for 2-4 hours. Cut into bars and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Leave a Reply