That special day to celebrate all of us moms is coming up so in its honor, below are 10 Easy, Last Minute Mother’s Day ideas for Moms with young kids.! If you are a mom, be sure and leave this page up on your computer!
Mother’s Day is such a special day to celebrate all of those moms, step-moms, and women who are like a mom to you. Unfortunately it can also be a stressful day as you try and figure out the perfect gift for the most important woman in your life!
Now that I am a mom myself, I can see it’s not the elaborate or expensive gifts that mean the most. It’s the ones that make you feel loved and make your day a little easier! So here are my top 10 easy and last minute Mother’s Day ideas…even my last minute hubs could pull one of these off!
1. Breakfast Out…or Lunch or Dinner – It doesn’t really matter as long as I don’t have to think about it, plan it, cook it or clean up after it!
2. Manicure/Pedicure – My mom and I actually go together every 3 weeks and get a pedicure together. But it really started as a Mother’s Day gift two years ago. We love the time together and the pampering is an added bonus.
3. A “No Arguing” Day – This one will take some effort from the hubby and the kids, but if I got one really great day where no one was fighting over who got to play with Rapunzel because her hair is the longest or who gets to sit in the back of the bathtub, that would be a fabulous gift!
4. Sleeping In – As the Mom, I’m always the one who gets up with my girls in the middle of the night. And even on the weekend, I’m the first one up each morning. The only time I get to sleep in is when I have the stomach flu. LOL! So please let me sleep in just this one day….
5. Keepsake from the Kids – This does not have to be anything fancy. I’m not talking elaborate hand prints made into angel wings (though I do have that as a trivet and it is awesome). But if each of my girls colored a favorite page in their best (age-appropriate) coloring and it was simply framed with a name and date tag, I would hang this up in any room in my house!
6. A “Top 10” List – It could be the Top 10 Favorite Mom Sayings, Top 10 Favorite Recipes You Make, Top 10 Things We Like To Do With Mom, Top 10 Ways Mom Makes Me Happy…any of these would be so personal and would really let a mom know that her kids take notice of what she says and does and that it has a positive impact.
7. Photo Gift – As you know, I love photos and using them in unique ways around the house. Mother’s Day is a perfect time to use some of those great photos and make a gift….on my wish list this year is a photo blanket! But there are TONS of ideas – just go to Shutterfly, upload a few pictures and let them do the heavy lifting.
8. Secret Stash of Her Favorite Treat – For me, it is bags of good quality chocolate. For another mom, it might be Twizzlers or Combos. But whatever it is, a couple bags to surprise her with on Mother’s Day is sure to hit the sweet spot =)
9. Jar of Compliments – As moms, it’s easy to wonder if we are doing a good job. Wouldn’t it be so nice on one of those crummy days when you feel awful and wonder if you did anything right, to pull a compliment from your special jar that lets you know just how much you are valued by your kids and husband?! Grab a mason jar, tie a ribbon around it, and fill it up!
AND MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE GIFT FOR MOTHER’S DAY…
10. An Overnight Stay at a Local Hotel! Please don’t misunderstand me. My children mean more to me than anything in this world! And I am rarely without them minus school hours. In fact, I feel in many ways I neglect some other very important relationships because I am so dedicated to them.
So even though part of my overnight stay I may spend feeling a little guilty, the thought of checking in to a hotel, taking a bath without 2 sets of eyeballs peering in, relaxing on the bed watching something other than Doc McStuffins, not being responsible for anyone’s basic needs other than my own, and GETTING TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT sounds ahhhhmazing!
Now with this list printed or on your computer screen left for everyone to see, here’s hoping you get at least one item on this list!