So yesterday I was digging through my gazillion magazines I’ve been backed up on reading…plus weeks of newspapers. Am I the only one who has this problem? I seriously hope not. At some point not too many years ago, I would read the paper cover to cover and run through a half-dozen magazines a week.
Then, kids happened. All nighters with little humans that made me a zombie the next day. School days and tardy bells. Preschool shows and volunteer work. Somehow, all of my reading time had been sucked away like the cat hair in my favorite Dyson vacuum.
But I digress…anyway, so I was flipping through one of my favorite magazines, Taste Of Home, and happened upon the cutest brownie recipe. Well, except that it was peppermint brownies (and my family HATES peppermint) and that the brownies were homemade (and brownies to me are like pumpkin puree…the store bought kind is too close to homemade for me to make it from scratch!)
So I took this adorable brownie recipe, modified it quite a bit, and ended up with a delicious, perfectly poppable Mini Marshmallow Fluff Brownies.
The combination of marshmallow fluff and powdered sugar makes the icing oh so melt in your mouth!
Now you are certainly welcome to make a batch of homemade brownies. You would want the same amount as a regular 8×8 pan. I’ve made them from scratch several times…just never found the hassle to be worth it. I am a really big fan of Ghiradelli brownies but this time had Betty Crocker deluxe brownies on hand.
IF your brownie mix doesn’t include chocolate chips, I highly recommend throwing in 1 cup to the batter.
Check out another one of my favorite recipes using boxed brownie mix!
Remember, these are made in mini-muffin tins so your cooking time is drastically cut. I think mine ended up baking for about 16 minutes. I prefer my toothpick to come out not quite clean since the batter continues cooking once out of the oven.
Once they are cooled completely, I mixed up my icing in my grandmother’s KitchenMaid mixer. Those things are amazing…it’s probably 40+ years old and it works perfectly!
And wondering how I got those perfect little icing swirls? Well that was a breeze when I used this little icing tool…because give me a pastry bag and I wouldn’t know what to do!
- Boxed Brownie Mix prepared according to package instructions
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- Line 36 mini-muffin cups with paper liners.
- Prepare brownies according to package instructions.
- Pour batter into muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 for 13-16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter and extract until smooth.
- Beat in marshmallow creme.
- Pipe or spread frosting over brownie cups.
Leave a Reply