Make a batch of these Double Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies and you will not be disappointed! Velvety cream cheese, chocolate and white chocolate chips…They are easy to make and melt in your mouth…bring them on!
My girls and I were in a baking mood today, but we were looking to make something different than the regular chocolate chip cookie fare. My family LOVES chocolate…if you don’t think so, check out this delicious Oreo Ice Box Cake that is to die for.
Now back to our cookie quest today…Skimming through Pinterest and my own cookbooks, I got the idea for these delicious double chocolate chip cream cheese cookies!
I love cream cheese – the addition of it in desserts always seems to make it over the top. So why not add it into our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?!
While I usually am a fan of low fat cream cheese in recipes, I didn’t want to try it in these cookies because I needed the cream cheese to replace some of the lost fat by reducing the butter.
After I mixed up the dough, I scooped up heaping tablespoons of the dough and put them on a large cookie sheet. I then refrigerated the entire sheet for 2 hours.
You could probably bake these cookies a 350° but I do NOT like when my cookies get overbaked so I always err on the side of caution. 15 minutes at 325° created the perfectly moist cookie I was wanting. And don’t get impatient… because at first the cookies will seem very doughy and uncooked. Just leave them on the pan for another 10 minutes or so on the stovetop and they will set up perfectly.
Now, go grab a class of milk and enjoy these double chocolate chip cream cheese cookies!
Double Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 oz cream cheese, softened (full-fat)
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325° and spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until soft and blended.
3. Add in sugars, egg and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Into mixing bowl, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined evenly.
5. Add in semi-sweet and white chocolate chips. Mix briefly until evenly dispersed.
6. Scoop heaping Tablespoons full of cookie dough onto sheet. Lightly flatten with your hand. Put in the fridge for 2 hours.
7. After 2 hours, cook cookie dough for approx 15 minutes until mostly set. Let cookies set for 10-15 minutes.